Business briefs: Polson business event set for May 19 at Showboat
Polson business event set for May 19 at Showboat
The city of Polson and Mission West Community Development Partners are sponsoring “Polson Bounces Back,” a special event to bring Polson businesses together to discuss the business climate and share resources that will help the city move forward for a successful 2021.
The event will offer panel discussions, presentations, door prizes and free popcorn. Everyone in the Polson business community is invited to attend from 1 to 4 p.m. May 19 at Showboat Stadium 6 on Main Street in Polson.
Visit the Polson Bounces Back Facebook event page for more information.
Free workshops available through FVCC
Flathead Valley Community College in Kalispell offers a variety of business workshops through their adult learning program. Through a partnership with FVCC, Mission West is offering the chance to attend these workshops free of charge. Mission West will enroll attendees and cover the fee. To be eligible, you must own or work for a for-profit small business with 10 or fewer employees located in Lake, Mineral or Sanders counties. Entrepreneurs who are planning to start a business are also eligible. Most workshops have the option to attend in person or by Zoom. Call 406-676-5928 to enroll.
The following is a list of workshops and dates. Visit missionwestcdp.org for more information.
- 406 Hospitality: April 28, 9 a.m. to noon
- Resizing Images for Print and Web: April 28, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Smart HR: Documentation, April 30, 9 to 11 a.m.
- PowerPoint Basics: May 4, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Smart HR: Conflict Resolution, May 14, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Mentoring for Your Workforce: May 12 and 19, 9 a.m. to noon
- Business Startup: May 17, 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Business Startup: June 7, 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Windows 10 Features: June 8, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Cash Flow Management: June 9, noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Resizing Images for Print & Web: June 30, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Polson KOA campground open for summer
The Polson/Flathead Lake KOA Holiday campground, located at 200 Irvine Flats Road in Polson, is open for the 2021 summer camping season.
The site is one of more than 515 open-to-the-public KOA campgrounds in the Kampgrounds of America system in the U.S. and Canada.
“The past year has been a challenging one and our campground owners and their staff are excited to welcome guests to enjoy the great outdoors,” Kampgrounds of America CEO and President Toby O’Rourke said. “We saw an increase in new and current campers amidst the COVID-19 pandemic wanting to recreate safely, and we’re proud to continue that trend into the 2021 summer camping season.”