Polson Bay Golf Course to host 2021 class A state tournament
Ronan's Dillon Pretty On Top hits a putt on No. 18 in front of teammate Sage Coffman during the 2020 Western A divisional tournament at Polson Bay Golf Course. (Scot Heisel/Lake County Leader)
Scot Heisel/Lake County Leader
Lake County Leader | April 29, 2021 12:15 AM
The class A state golf tournament will tee off on the shores of Flathead Lake next fall.
The Montana High School Association announced during its April 19-20 Executive Board meetings that Polson Bay Golf Course has been awarded the championship tournament scheduled for Oct. 1-2. The Polson course hosted a divisional tournament last season, which culminated at the state tournament in Butte.
PGA Head Professional Cameron Milton, who also serves as coach of the Polson High School team, said he was thrilled to hear the news and excited for the upcoming season.
“We had a really good team last year,” Milton said. “And it was full of freshmen. Our kids are kind of young, and it’s so good for them to get to play on their home course. It’s such a big deal.”
Milton said the Pirates are returning eight golfers who lettered last year.
Also announced last week for the 2021-22 school year:
- All-state band, chorus and orchestra will be Oct. 20-22 in Great Falls.
- State cross country is Oct 23. at the UM Golf Course in Missoula.
- State all-class volleyball is Nov. 11-13 at MSU in Bozeman.
- State A speech and drama is Jan. 28-29 at Corvallis.
- State B-C speech and drama is Jan 28-29 at Huntley Project.
- All-class state swim meet is Feb. 11-12 at Great Falls High School.
- State all-class wrestling (boys and girls) is Feb. 11-12 at MetraPark in Billings.
- State A basketball (boys and girls) is March 10-12 at UM in Missoula.
- State B basketball (boys and girls) is March 10-12 at MSU in Bozeman.
- State C basketball (boys and girls) is March 9-12 at ExpoPark in Great Falls.
- State B-C tennis is May 16-21 at a site to be determined.
- State A tennis is May 26-27 at Bozeman (hosted by Park HS).
- State A softball is May 26-28 at Hamilton.
- State B-C softball is May 26-28 at Lewistown (hosted by Fergus HS).
- State AA-A Track & Field Meet is May 27-28 at Bulldog Memorial Stadium in Butte.
- State B-C Track & Field Meet is May 27-28 at a site to be determined.