Multi-agency investigation yields 10 drug arrests in Polson
| March 13, 2021 8:45 PM
The Polson Police Department announced a string a drug-related arrests that began with a traffic stop Thursday and led to a search of two residences on the west side of Polson on Friday afternoon.
According to a PPD press release issued Saturday night, the investigation included multiple local law enforcement agencies, and 10 arrests were made.
During a traffic stop Thursday at an undisclosed place, Polson police seized a vehicle as part of a drug investigation and determined it was stolen out of Washington, but had not yet been reported as stolen.
A search warrant was executed on the vehicle, and items seized included methamphetamine, heroin and drug distribution equipment. Three people were detained: Jacob Bessette, Justin Jordan and John Steele. No ages or places of residence were provided. According to PPD, Bessette and Steele had active arrest warrants for criminal possession of dangerous drugs and intent to distribute.
On Friday, Polson officers seized another vehicle related to the investigation, and another search warrant was issued. Karissa Catha was arrested for possession of methamphetamine. The search yielded various items of drug paraphernalia.
Polson officers, along with assistance from the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Montana Adult and Probation Office, and the Flathead Tribal Police, served two residential search warrants Friday afternoon at undisclosed addresses in west Polson. Items seized during the searches included methamphetamine, heroin, meth pipes, syringes and other drug paraphernalia, according to police.
Suspects taken into custody during the Friday afternoon searches included:
- Destiny Joseph, arrested for criminal possession of dangerous drugs (CPDD);
- Deidra Joseph, 29, Polson, was taken into custody for $125,000 of active arrest warrants for CPDD and intent to distribute, but was released due to jail overcrowding;
- Shayla Finley was taken into custody for $75,000 of active arrest warrants for CPDD, but also was released due to jail overcrowding;
- Gauge Catha was arrested for obstruction and taken to Tribal Law and Order;
- James Burland, 35, Polson, was arrested for two counts of CPDD and drug paraphernalia;
- Jaydon Burke, 24, Polson, was taken into custody for $50,000 of active arrest warrants for CPDD, but was released due to jail overcrowding.