Letters to the Editor Policy
| October 20, 2022 12:00 AM
The Leader welcomes letters from our community. Please keep in mind the following points when sharing your opinion:
- Shorter letters are the best read – please keep submissions to 300 words or less.
- All letters must be signed and include the author’s address. If we can't verify a letter, we won't run it. All letters appear on a space-available basis with no date guaranteed.
- We won’t run letters that are in poor taste, potentially libelous, or attack a local business.
- Editor reserves the right to edit for brevity and clarity.
- Maximum of one letter per writer per calendar month. Please note we are not guaranteeing a monthly letter from anyone.
Regarding political letters
- No letters to the editor from candidates, members of their immediate family, or from their campaign staffs will be published. Those are paid political ads.
- Please refrain from submitting letters for or against a candidate on the week before the election (that’s Oct. 31 for the Nov. 3 edition). We will not run letters criticizing a candidate within a week of the voting, because the person attacked doesn't have a fair chance to respond.
Submit your letters online at leaderadvertiser.com/ or email directly to email@example.com.